May 8 (yes, I'm still playing catch-up) was Victory Day here in France. Now that I've been to Normandy, I know all about these things.
We had the day off from work, and while I was strolling

through town I saw an entire collection of WWII military vehicles parked on a small side street. There were a bunch of guys dressed in old army gear as well, standing around and answering questions. I guess it was some kind of club. I ran home to collect the camera and Dave

and we spent the better part of the afternoon poking around the old trucks, tanks, and motorcycles.
Upon closer inspection, we realized that all of the vehicles were American. One of the "soldiers" was even wearing an

American uniform. Don't they French have any surviving war vehicles of their own?
I kind of wanted to say, "Hey! I'm an American and we want our stuff back!"
Sure wouldn't want to mess with that chick in the tank.
ReplyDelete