We were lucky to get ours, because Guillaume is a big fan and religiously checked the band's website every day last fall, patiently waiting for tickets to go on sale. The day they became available, he ran to my desk and practically dragged me to his computer, credit card in hand.
"You need to buy these tickets NOW."
I was halfway enthusiastic, but David really likes Radiohead, so I thought it would be a nice present for him. And it turned out that I was right, because David doesn't particularly enjoy concerts, but he was pretty excited about this one.
Anyway, in hindsight, I should have bought a few more tickets at the time, considering the healthy profit I could have turned reselling them or the friend I could have helped out last minute. Because Radiohead isn't just a concert; it's an event.
So we left work a bit early on Tuesday, ate a rushed dinner, and took the metro down to Bercy. In front of the venue we managed to find Wally and his crew, Guillaume and his, and a few other girls from my work. Finally we went into the hall with Wally and his friends, but eventually broke off and went down to the floor.
We preferred seats, but the place was so crowded by then and the only available seats were miles away, so we decided to tough it out standing. For David it was no problem, but my vision was pretty limited to heads and shoulders and the lighting (albeit impressive) over the stage.
If certain people moved left and right I could catch glimpses here and there, and David lifted me up to see bits of my favorite songs. Even with the poor visibility, I had a great time and was glad to be as close as we were. It was certainly an event.
Here are some of the better photos David took by holding the camera up and zooming in a bit.

We were really close, considering the size of Bercy.And, for comparison, here's a small video from the Weakerthans concert I went to two nights before.
No comments:
Post a Comment