1.30.2007

Billancourt

What’s sad is that I think my colleagues have given up on speaking French to me. They’re just tired of repeating themselves twice, then finally struggling to translate. So they skip the French and give me the broken English right away, or don’t bother talking to me at all.

Fortunately, I meet with the French teacher on Thursday, so hopefully he’ll be able to jump start my language skills.

I had lunch yesterday with Irantzu, a very nice Spanish girl I met during our preview trip in September. I was introduced to Irantzu because she has been through the same experience of moving to Méru from another country. She was a huge help with all of my questions and gave me some great ideas on where we should look to live.

I left work early and accompanied Dave to the south west corner of Paris for his interview. Billancourt is a nice area, and since I don’t expect we’ll visit that tiny corner of the city again, I spent the waiting time walking around. I stopped in a cute little bakery and bought us two pre-made meals for dinner. I’d never seen beef in a patisserie before, but it looked like something Dave would like so I didn’t ask questions.

I also bought a cotton mesh bag (like a fishnet with handles) to carry our groceries in. I get a big kick out of it because I think it makes me look very “city”.

No comments:

Post a Comment