So you can imagine my surprise at four in the afternoon when Dave called me from Magali's phone and said "I've looked at 3. Two of them are great. I'm submitting applications by the end of the day". I really wanted to see our future home before we committed to anything, but it seems that Paris is the same as any big city; if you find an apartment, you jump on it immediately.
When I met him back at the hotel at 7, he said "Forget what I said earlier. I found two more that are even better". We went through the pictures he took and we talked it out until we settled on one. I'm not going to share any more details until we sign the lease, just in case we don't get it. But he loves it and he loves Levallois-Perret, (I'm still learning how to say it), so I think it's going to be great.
Originally we wanted to begin our search in the northern-most arrondissements of Paris. But after my lunch with Irantzu, I e-mailed Crown and requested that we focus on the town of Levallois-Perret. I had never been there, but Irantzu assured me that it was where we wanted to live. It's just outside the Paris periphery, but still on a Metro line.
On other good news, we seem to have a very interested buyer for the house. I'm also not going to jinx that by giving too much detail.
More later.
In the meantime, here's a funny picture I took in Paris over the weekend.
Hi, I ran into your blog and was wondering if you could give me more info/advice on Levallois-perret, because I found a good apartment there but I'm no sure how good is the area, I'm a girl living alone, so I have to be careful where I move. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Irina,
ReplyDeleteLevallois-Perret is a very nice town and I can't imagine any part of it I wouldn't consider safe. However, I'd recommend staying away from the Clichy side of town, it just isn't as nice.
If you want to give me some more information about the apartment you are considering (i.e. the address), I can be a bit more specific.
Also, your e-mail address?