1.12.2007

French Kitty Problems

I was on the phone today with Northwest, confirming our flight and Oliver's. In passing, I asked the customer service rep about the veterinary certification; does it have to be certified within 10 days of flight? This was something the vet had mentioned we might need to worry about. She looked it up and said no, there was no mention of a date.
So we moved onto the subject of choosing our seats, and while that was being processed she stumbled upon some more pet rules. And what do you know, the certification must be completed within 10 days of flight.
Dammit! I frantically called the vet and made an emergency appointment for tomorrow morning. Then I'll have to FedEx the paperwork to Lansing, which they won't get until Tuesday due to MLK Day, then pray that they'll send it back by Thursday.
I can't believe we have to go through this again. And pay for it again. On a condensed schedule.
Right now I'm really irritated with the relocation company for not warning me about this. Surely we are not the first Americans to move to France with a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment