3.31.2007

The Dark Horse

So here's the big news: David accepted a job offer!
He really should be blogging about this himself, but it was a pretty stressful week for him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to think about it anymore.
Anyway, it's not McLaren (whew!), and it's not Company 2, which I will now identify as Delphi.
Wednesday afternoon, while he was waiting in the apartment for the Delphi offer to come in, he received an unexpected phone call from another company, Johnson Controls. He almost told them it was too late, but they pitched the job description and he agreed to come in the next day.
The Delphi offer came in that night, and he asked for a few days to think about it.
On Thursday he took the train to Cergy-Pontoise for a 3:30 interview. When I came home from work at 8, I was surprised to not find him here. By 10:00 I was nearly frantic. At 10:30 he finally came home exhausted. He had accepted the job when they offered it on the spot and spent the rest of the evening working on the contract with human resources.
He will be working with a new group at Johnson Controls, developing a new process for systems engineers within Europe.
Of course I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but it's all I really know.
One of the best parts is that he'll be working in Cergy-Pontoise, which is on my way to work. Which means we can ride together! And, most importantly, he won't be commuting to England every week!
I find it amazing that he received three interviews in the span of the week. And just a few weeks after the house was sold and a days after he finished the paperwork for our car. The timing is perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job Mr. Basson! I'm really glad this situation worked out for you guys. Enjoy all your rides together. Thats a good way to start a work day. Things are working out for you two over there. It was bound to happen, just takes a little time to get settled in I guess.

    ReplyDelete